Thursday, March 15, 2007

Truth, Isa al-Masih and the Qu'ran

IslamI recently attended a seminar on 'Understanding Islam' and found it fascinating. Isa al-Masih (Jesus) is of course mentioned in the Qu'ran and I had a glimpse of what the Islamic texts had to say about Him.

What I discovered was somewhat surprising and I saw God's sovereign Hand at work in the Islamic world. Between Islam's call to acts of piousness, the September 11 incidents and global terrorism, one can lose sight that Christ is actually a very important figure in Islam.

The following was what I discovered about Jesus in the Qu'ran, which amazed me...

  • Jesus is referred to in the Qu'ran as a "Word from God" and Messiah

    "When the angels said: O Marium [Mary], surely Allah gives you good news with a Word from Him (of one) whose name is the '. Messiah, Isa [Jesus] son of Marium, worthy of regard in this world and the hereafter and of those who are made near (to Allah)". (Qu'ran - Al-Imran 3:44-45, SHAKIR)

    Contrast this to Jesus being called the "Word of God" in John 1:1-18


  • The Qu'ran refers to God killing Jesus

    "And when Allah said: O Isa, I am going to terminate the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me and purify you of those who disbelieve and make those who follow you above those who disbelieve to the day of resurrection; then to Me shall be your return, so I will decide between you concerning that in which you differed." (Al-Imran 3:54-55, SHAKIR)

    I find it interesting that the Qu'ran has a concept which is so biblically accurate!


  • God's sovereign plan in Christ is also for the Muslims

    Lastly, Christians may be tempted to view Muslims as the enemy, but in actual fact, they are as much the victims of deception, thrown off by lies from the evil one. Millions of Muslims, when they read and find out about the Jesus of the Bible, fall in love with Him. God loves a sincere Muslim seeking for the Truth -- all around the world, Muslims are finding Jesus -- or should we say that Jesus is finding them, appearing to them supernaturally in dreams and visions.

    A stat I heard quoted recently:

    Since 1991, annually, 2,750,000 people leave their religion to become Christians, and most of these people are Muslims. On the other hand, 750,000 a year leave Christianity -- so there is a net gain of 2million Christians annually (most of them Muslims). Does it make you wonder why there is a jihad against the "enemies of Islam"?

      God says, "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." (Is 55:9-12)
I had not realise the extent of God's hand is already working. I am reminded that we need to pray against the spirit behind the facade of this religious ideology, but at the same time, love the people that are caught under its grasp. Sometimes this is easier said than done -- we ourselves come with so much misconceptions. In all of this, I have come see the revelation of Christ that God is giving to Muslims through THEIR own book. That to me, is totally astonishing -- considering the barriers that their religious and political authorities have put in place to "retain the sheep in the fold".

In the Bible, Isaiah 66:18-20 provides us with prophetic hints as to what is to come. In the seminar, I was informed that almost all the nations mentioned in it (when mapped to current day countries/ regions) are Islamic nations - places like modern day Algeria, Iraq, Iran, Libya and Indonesia.

Prophecy
    "For I know their works and their thoughts. It shall be that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come and see My glory. I will set a sign among them; and those among them who escape I will send to the nations: to Tarshish and Pul and Lud, who draw the bow, and Tubal and Javan, to the coastlands afar off who have not heard My fame nor seen My glory. And they shall declare My glory among the Gentiles. Then they shall bring all your brethren for an offering to the Lord out of all nations, on horses and in chariots and in litters, on mules and on camels, to My holy mountain Jerusalem," says the Lord, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the Lord. (Is 66:18-20)
These are perhaps 'early days' yet to see the Lord's hand unfold, but I am reminded of how sovereign God's plans are. I am reminded of how much he loves even the Muslims, who in many instances are a people under bondage. In Christ, the captives will eventually be set free. And make no mistake, the Truth will set them free. Watch this space.

For more information, see http://www.answering-islam.org/

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
There is an interesting development in London. A debate regarding whether or not a mosque of epic proportions (up to 40,000 capacity) should be built near London's Olympic site.

I was at London's Speaker's Corner in Hyde Park and the there was a debate going on (held by a politician called Alan Craig) against this particular mosque. The reason for this is that this particular mosque is being built / funded by the Islamic group called Tablighi Jamaat, which have been shown to have violent jihad tendencies.

If you live in the UK, this concerns you. If you do not live here, please pray because the world is now connected in a way that may affect you.

Be informed about the facts here:
Alan Craig on YouTube

Sorry about the 'promotion' here. But the more people know the truth, the better.

 
See this video for an introduction to the issues broadcasted by CBS network in the US:
Mega Mosque London 2012

 

Post a Comment

<< Home / Visit My Current Blog!


Subscription service
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Reflections on Life and Spirituality blog!
(NOTE: Please be assured that this will not be used for spam or unsolicited communications)
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

[Valid Atom]