Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A Lifetime

A LifetimeIt's strange how sometimes what you write for another person's life becomes meaningful in your own. I wrote the following many years back out of my heartfelt desire to bless and encourage a friend. Reading it again, the words resonated vibrantly to me in a way which I didn't expect, possibly because I feel a strong sense of gratitude for the deep relationships around me at this point in time.

I know the words are vague, but hopefully it makes sense to those of you who wish to read it more earnestly; otherwise please feel free to ask for clarification...




A Lifetime

From the dawn of my first heartbeat
Seems like I am forever destined
To not see light, not knowing my blindness
Through a pitch dark night, searching in the wilderness

    But it's You; and I may never see why
    Your light shines as holy streaks across a darkened sky
    Like Your oceans reaching deep and spreading wide
    Love washes my heart, healing to sight, my life now right
    A longing thirst, my cup You fill
    No longer the same yet not realizing still
    How much it costs for You to redeem us
    How our souls to You so precious...
    Sometimes never really understanding in a lifetime
    We seek and search, and yet not find
    How darkened skies can come alive...
    A cross so costly, to grant us life

From the morning of my very first heartbeat
Not really knowing how I am destined
To find a kindred spirit, an embracing soul
Two cords unbroken, to pull and to hold

    But it's you; and I may never know how
    I found you, except by the grace that He allows
    Yet I know it's from Christ in you that overflows
    The compassion and forgiveness that you bestow
    And it will be through Jesus' eyes that I love you
    To care as He does, to feel as He feels
    That if I hurt you and my heart fails
    I pain Him with piercing nails
    What we need takes an understanding of a lifetime
    That without Him some people search and yet not find
    How bright skies feel so radiantly alive
    When God gave you to share my life

From the rise of our very first heartbeats
Seems like together we were destined
To grow in Him, as we grow with one another
In searching His will, in finding His treasure

    But it's in Him; and we will someday understand why
    Our hearts are joined in Him, bonded in life
    In fulfillment of dreams that God has given
    His plans and purposes, as it is in Heaven
    In our storms He promises to be there
    To hold our hands, His grace to bear
    As Jesus stood for us, we stand for Him
    Even when life's a strife through paths unseen
    A deeper love for Christ will take a lifetime
    To seek and search, such treasures we find
    Through our union in Three, His visions thrive
    As God plants and waters our tree of life
[From the Source: Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, Ecclesiastes 4:7-12, Ephesians 3:14-21, Psalms 1:1-3, Romans 8:35-39, 2 Peter 1:19]

Labels: ,


Comments:
wow ! i love it.. can i have it ? (j/k) very passionate man of God, may God keep you in his arms

 

Post a Comment

<< Home / Visit My Current Blog!


Subscription service
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Reflections on Life and Spirituality blog!
(NOTE: Please be assured that this will not be used for spam or unsolicited communications)
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

[Valid Atom]