Sunday, September 11, 2005

Mornings and new beginnings

"Your mercies are new every morning..."



I was worshipping this morning with a song looking through a window, gazing at haven of trees outside. The fresh and wispy morning, the cool and innocent embrace of the morning breeze reminded me of the night I gave my life to the Lord. Felt a strong call to return to my "first love". God, in His graciousness, was allowing me to see with new eyes this morning.

The Lord whispered in His fatherly voice, "My child, My love for you will always be MY first love; I am crazy for you - I have loved you with an everylasting love. You belong to Me."

It does not matter how much we have strayed, how badly we have fallen. The Father embraces us.

"So he got up and went to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him." (Luke 15:20)

The wonder and beauty of God's second (and third, and forth...) chances are unmeasurable. We love Him because He first loved us. I got a greater glimpse of it this morning, through eyes lined with tears.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Hi! My name is Ana, I´m brazilian person and I would like to say about this blog:I liked a lot to read the lot of words that i Thinked a lot, about my life, my work, my courses etc... I think that this blog is really blessing for God... Thank you for this and Never forget God is our king!!! Bye Bye

 
Hello Ana

Thank you for your words of encouragement. And yes, God is king - we can so easily forget that fact in the midst of the activities of our lives and all that is happening beyond.

May He bless you.

Sallibuc

 
I know in my life, I've made it too difficult. I've exalted the 'search' to the point where I wasn't sure if I believed anything at all...

Than, there it was. Sitting in front of me all along... the answer in a book I've read my whole life.

"Come unto ME all you that are weak and heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

All my ponderings... all my questions... answered in the moment I was still enough to hear His voice.

Nice post.

 
Hi Jeff, you are at the 'right' point and that is what matters. Your words carry wisdom - indeed sometimes, the search itself can be the idol that stops us from coming to Christ.

We like to think that we're the ones to find God and that is correct to a certain degree, but in actual truth it is God that finds us. We can wrestle and wrestle, and eventually we come to a point when we cannot or do not want to fight anymore. In those moments of release, the Lord opens our eyes to believe what has been in front of us all this while (as what you said). That's when we realize that it is God who finds us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home / Visit My Current Blog!


Subscription service
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Reflections on Life and Spirituality blog!
(NOTE: Please be assured that this will not be used for spam or unsolicited communications)
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

[Valid Atom]