Thursday, May 26, 2005

Seeing someone dear slip away - Part II

I just came back from visiting my grandma a couple of days ago. I do not know how much time the Lord has given for her to remain, it could be a few days, could be a few months -- but I was aware that there are things that need to be expressed to her. My gran has always been the one who has demonstrated unconditional love towards my brother and myself, and towards the whole family. Tonight, as I sat beside her bedside, a thought came, which I want to capture:

What is the value of a person? Is it always in what they can give to us?



These couple of days I have spent quite a bit of "presence time" with her. She expresses herself by reaching out and touching our faces and hands nowadays. Not a lot of dialogue - she does not speak that much anymore, only the odd word here and there. I find this at times, it is difficult to know what to say.

I also ask myself: How does my grandma, who has demonstrated such unconditional love towards us (the family), now seems to struggle with the assurance of loved ones around her? Everyone, whether we realize it, yearns for someone to accept and love them unconditionally. Perhaps now, in her helplessness, she is teaching all of us to love her without expecting anything in return. Unconditional.

Perhaps for now, questions do not need answers, just love and care. Agape.

Lord, help me. Help us.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Post a Comment

<< Home / Visit My Current Blog!


Subscription service
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Reflections on Life and Spirituality blog!
(NOTE: Please be assured that this will not be used for spam or unsolicited communications)
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

[Valid Atom]